If you want your eGiving program to make a real difference for your church, then having a well-designed, user-friendly smartphone app is a must. Apps and mobile friendly websites are how people manage their lives today – the numbers make that clear:
- 64% of American adults own a smartphone; 42% have a tablet computer; and 32% own an e-reader – which means more and more people have access to apps and mobile sites.
- 63% of adult cell owners use their phones to go online. (Here at Faith Direct, we’ve seen mobile access to our website increase by 400% since 2011!)
- 76%: app usage growth in 2014.
What must a strong eGiving app do?
When Faith Direct first introduced our mobile app in 2012, the market was still adapting to this new technology. Now that demand for our app has increased, we’ve redesigned it to best serve our users.
Here are four things we’ve learned about what a strong eGiving mobile app must do:
- Easy access to account management – Members must be able to increase their monthly gifts, support new campaigns and update their address and payment info.
- Simple one-time gifts – Enable your church members to quickly give whenever they feel inspired, wherever they are.
- Access to customer service – App users occasionally need one-on-one support – with a phone number, a contact form and an email link.
- Information about your program – First-time eGivers need to know that eGiving is a secure, efficient way to support your church
To explore the Faith Direct eGiving App, download to your device using one of the links below.