The only program to offer Complete eGiving Solutions
The ability to accept electronic donations - whether through automatic bank debit or credit card - is now a requirement for any church organization’s financial stability.
- Since 2003 the Federal Reserve has closed 44 of 45 check processing facilities nationwide, leaving one remaining facility in Cleveland, OH.
- Checks constitute only 20% of all consumer payments - down from 47% in 2001, which is an average annual decrease of close to 3%.
- In 2011, banks have begun to charge consumers for check writing.
- 1 in 3 households reported writing NO checks during a given month in 2008.
- By 2015, 80% of Church collections will be processed electronically.
With trends clearly pointing to the continued steady decline of check usage, parishes must consider how this will affect the collection process.
Join the thousands of Catholics around the country that use Faith Direct for their parish support today.